Saturday, October 18, 2008

New People, New Faces

It’s always hard meeting new people, especially when it comes to college. I was really nervous coming to St. Johns fearing that not that I wasn’t going to make friends but worried about living here on my own with no one to turn to. In Staten Island, everyone has their own click. If you are not part of one, you’re on your own. However, when the first day of school came around, I saw all the people that I met at orientation and I guess you can say we all kind of “clicked.” Each morning, we push together tables to form on of seventeen. We all eat breakfast and crack jokes with one another. There is never a dull moment in our group.
Throughout high school, I used to dread waking up to the sound of the alarm clock at seven in the morning. The reason being, there was always drama in my school. There always seemed to be a problem. I never thought I would say this, but I don’t mind waking up every morning because I know that I am going to be with the people that I can actually call my true friends. Even when I am not in the best of moods, they always know how to make me laugh until my stomach hurts. However, there is one person that I can honestly say that I will be friends with her for the rest of my life. Her name is Alyssa, and I seriously think we were meant to meet each other. We enjoy the same things, have the same habits, and both get annoyed by the same things. I was afraid not making friends, but now I sometimes wish that my phone would stop ringing!!!!!!

No comments: