Saturday, October 18, 2008

Miss Pulizzi can I go to the bathroom?

Since I was a young girl I always told my mother, “Mom, when I get older, I’m going to be a teacher.” She always used to tell me that if you want to be something, you have to fight for it. My hopes for the future consist of becoming a kindergarten teacher. The reason for this being is that I feel that while you are at the young age, your teachers provide you with the basics; such as your numbers, alphabet, reading, and spelling. These are all the basics that are needed to succeed in life. Not only do I absolutely adore children, I always want to be that person who helps them make a difference. I think that a teacher is also a good job for a woman because the hours are flexible in the sense of her having a family of her own. You have the summers off, the latest you get home is approximately 3:30 in the afternoon, which allows her to still cook, clean, and take care of the children.

Still to this day I can remember my kindergarten days. My teacher, Miss Humphrey was a tall woman with short, dark, hair. She always smiled and always brought us cookies. She was warm and always helpful. Usually children at that age feared entering that doorway, they thought it was the end of the world. But, Miss Humphrey always made us feel welcome and safe. I guess you can say that reflecting on my childhood experiences; I can compare myself to Miss Humphrey. At any family occasion, I am always the one to play with the little children; I’m the first one to volunteer to hold the baby when my aunt needs a break. Some people get annoyed when babies cry, but I always look to help and make them feel better. Plain and simple I love everything about children and want to be the one who helps them learn the fundamentals of life.

No comments: